Monday, August 21, 2006

 

It's been a very Long Time

Well fellow bloggers, sorry it has been a very long time since I have blogged and lots and lots have been going on since then.

Summer has come and almost gone. So let me bring you all up to speed.

I have spent a lot of time up at our family cottage this year. I have been busy doing things here at the house for my parents. My father has not been very well and therefore since I am capable I have been doing the house hold things. I guess I have become a full time property manager for him.

My cousin whom has cancer is still doing ok but still needs lots of prayer. He has started treatment. They had to stop it for a few weeks while his platelets counts build up again. He is back on again but his counts are going down again. His rash is back again. So if you believe in miracles please pray for him and pray for the cancer to go away.

Let’s see I am golfing this year, after falling 4 years ago and smashing my left knee to pieces, breaking my left ankle on both sides and my left wrist. I was told I might never walk again. So to be playing golf it sure is something I am grateful for. Everyday I wake and put both feet on the ground and able to walk is a true bonus in my life.

I joined the women’s league at one of the local golf clubs in Cambridge. I have connected with some old friends, some new friends, and am really just having a great time.

I took a day trip to Niagara Falls to the Bird Sanctuary. I would not recommend it to anyone. It was expensive, and the birds fly around you but it was not anything like what we expected to see or experience.

I also spent some time with friends at their rented cottage in Southampton, and they came and spent an evening at my place and we had a wonderful time. I also took a week’s holiday with a friend at the cottage and we had another friend and her grandson up. It was a very pleasurable time. During me week’s holiday I spent a lot of time loading old slides into my computer in order to turn them into DVD's to show the family. What fun that was and great memories.

I guess like usual the best times for me thus far this summer are the sunsets in Oliphant, the time spent with family at the cottage.

I will try to post again soon with some of the summer photo's. Until we meet again enjoy the rest of your summer.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?