Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

2nd Last Day---Wind down

They told us when we got here our first name should become Flexible Alexis, well that I have become. I have really enjoyed my time here and would really like to come back down for a while in December to help with Christmas.

Being flexible has allowed me to see many different areas which have been effected by Katrina. Today I got to go to a section called St. Martin. Wow is all I can say. Very little has been done in this area. It was our first time in their and the people were so happy to see us. They expressed a great need for us to be over their talking with them, allowing them to share their stories. Many just needed that friendly smile, hello how are you, we are coming back tomorrow, and we care let us know what we can do for you.

Most in this area lost every thing. Some have their Femma trailers but most do not. People here seem very down and like they were forgotton about. The pictures here tell again a thousand stories. When I put my presentation together this will make sense to all.

Pray for the people of St. Martin that they can see Hope, and hang on as we are now here and are going to do what we can for them.

Well time to get ready for our last day out on the trucks. It will be a sad time cause most of feel like we have just begun and now it is time to go home. We all know there is so much more we can be doing. Pray for our replacements and that they do get here soon.

till tonight

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?