Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

Preparation for Deployment to the States

Well here it is Tuesday evening two nights before I leave as a Disaster team worker. It was confirmed today that I will be definitely flying out on Thursday. Now plans of changed a little since my first announcement of being accepted to go to help. Originally I was asked if I would be interested in going to Texas to help out. Well that need has changed and I am now part of rotation #8 from Ontario going to Gulfport/Biloxi Mississippi. I will be gone for 14 days and am expected to be on a (12) twelve day work force.

Now this is a pretty exciting time for me, and also with that excitement comes fear of the unknown. I am sure each day will be filled with many challenges and experiences that will change my life for ever. God is asking me to step up to the plate and this is what I will do. I know that the power of prayer is so powerful so I ask that for the next 14 days you keep me and the other 9 members of my team in your prayers.

I ask that you pray for the strength, courage we will need to face each day. For the wisdom and knowledge of what to say or do. As we are exposed to things we may have heard of and seen on television often that we are able to handle it and carry on with the work we are there for. As we will be exposed to many illnesses, maybe diseases that we are protected from them. For safety, unity for Gods will. I am sure you can think of much more to pray for us about as well.

If you are interested in a list of the rest of my team members please feel free to ask Joan for it as she has a copy.

So today was the beginning of a very busy next few days. Today I had to receive for needles, Hep A & B, Tetanus, and the flu shot. I had to go out and buy steel toed shoes or boots & I also had to buy a sleeping bag just in case they can not put us up in a hotel. I was talking to one of the Majors who are going with us on this trip and he says they may be putting an article in our local papers about me heading out since I am the only member from our area going. Most of our team is from the St. Catherine. So he feels our community needs to know someone is going to represent the Army. So you can watch to see if there is anything in the local media.

So now all I need to do is finish packing, do some more organizing of my travel arrangements, get to the airport and see you all in two weeks.

God Bless you all and I look forward from hearing from you all.

Alexis

Comments:
Hello,
Not sure about putting comments on you blog. Anyhow our thoughts and prayers are with you and the team. God has opened a door through which you will learn much and experience lessons that will increase your maturity in a new and living way. God bless and regards

Ed & Phyllis.
 
I just wanted to say "God be with you". I know that you have worked very hard to find something that you could put your heart and soul into and I am very happy that this opportunity has arisen. My prayers go with you and I know that you will do a fantastic job where ever they need you as you have a kind heart and are so willing to help others. Christine Ball
 
Hello Alexis,

Good luck in Biloxi!
We are all very proud of you,going to help those in need!You are a true Christian.

Jeff, Anne and Maya :)
 
HI Alexis: we wish you a lot of happiness on your working vacation. This is such a good idea. Take care of yourself, do good and we will pray for you and for your safe return. We look forward to hearing about your adventures. God bless the Salvation Army. Love, Ruth and Russ.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?