Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Day 1 of 14 in Rotation #8

Well is it is 12:04 am and my ride arrives here at 4:45 to take me to Hamilton. I should be in bed rest or trying to get some shut eye but I am so afraid I will sleep through my alarm.

Most of today will be spent in traveling. Like I said I go to Hamilton then I am off to St. Catherines to meet the rest of the team and then off to Buffalo to catch our 9:40 flight. We fly to Detroit, then to Memphis, and then Gulfport Texas. It is not bad enough we land 3 times but we have to change planes at each landing. Oh well all part of the adventure.

We should be landing in Gulfport/Biloxi around 4:00 pm. At this point we have been told we can leave our sleeping bags at home that they have made other sleeping arrangements but I have no idea what this will be until we get there.

I am so full of all kinds of emotions and feelings of the next two weeks that I can hardly wait for Glen to pick me to take me to Hamilton.

Fear is I think a common feeling when it comes to the unknown, but I think also from that can bring excitement of getting there and jumping in to do what is needed of me. I feel like someone should pinch me because I can hardly believe I am finally getting to do something I have always dreamed about doing. I have such compassion to help others in need, especially those in tragic situations.

One of my weakest spot is children, my heart breaks when I seem them in tragic situations, I just want to take them in my arms, give them great big hugs, and assure them they are not alone. Let them know God loves them and will see them though. So it is my prayer I will have this opportunity while I am there.

Our God is so awesome & I know he will Bless all of us on the rotation abundantly as we go to Biloxi to help in what ever way we can. We have been asked to take lots of pictures when we can, and to keep a log of stories to share when we come home by many of our friends, & family. I will try my best to do that for those who may be interest.

God Bless and will talk to all as soon as I can.

Comments:
Alexis:
I wish you a safe trip and the very best of luck on this venture you are about to take.
May you return home safely.

Al. Kusick
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?