Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

Time out in God's Country--My Cottage--How it Helps my Depression

Well last week many of my friends who know me know I took off to my cottage for a time out.

Many of my friends also know I suffer from depression. I have been in another one of my depressions for a few weeks now. Like many I do not do well with stress nor do I do well with worry and that couples with low self feelings cause me to go into a tail spin.

One thing that I have been coming to see as a new pattern for me over the past few years since I became a Christian is that my depressions are becoming shorter lived and further apart. Now this is really a good thing for me. What would I contribute this to the fact that I have faith, trust that when I ask for help from God he is there for me and he will see me through. I mentioned to my best friend upon my arrival home I feel about 40% better than before I left so this is a good start.

When I am at my cottage I am reminded of his wonders and what he can create. I smell, good clean air, no pollution, I see clear blue water, and again no pollution, I see the most beautiful sunsets in the world, I birds sing to me every morning to get me up. I feel so peaceful and serene when I am there. I wish at times I could live in a place like that all year round.

There is no traffic, no rushing around, and life is just a far slower pace than in the city. Now do not get me wrong, I would miss the city tremendously and all my friends, but the minute I see the water on the drive up I start to relax and I seem to get a calmness in and around me that I can not explain. So I am speaking with God these days to ask him how can I get this here in the city and keep it all year round.

God is so amazing that I know he may never completely heal me from my depressions but he is helping to make them far more manageable and I am so grateful for that. With His help and the help of a really good psychiatrist I seem to be managing the best I have in years. He never gives us to much to handle we just get so lost in the time that we allow it to over take us and become to much for us to handle.

Joyce Myers is who I am reading right now and she sure has some really good stuff. I will write on this a little later. For those who get depressed from time to time or suffer like I do, please trust in God and ask him to help you get through it and he will. God will do for others as he is doing for me.

Hopefully after this weekend some more of my stresses will be over and I can really consentrate on feeling better. I just have to keep turning it over to him and beleive my faith in him will bring me to the other side soon.

Alexis

Comments:
Alexis, we, Norbert and I are very haooy you have found an anchor in your life. As far as our family goes, we do not question the faith, but question the belief.
Both of our children believe in a supenatural power, and they have passed that on to their children, our grandchildren. When we visit them, we all attend Mass, and it is the most wonderful feeling for us, who grew up with the latin Mas, to see our next and next generations have the same beleive, trust and hope for the future. So my advice for you is do not ever give up. seek and you will find. And be happy with your faith,
I love you, Maria from Longboat Key FL
 
Alexis:

I found what you wrote very familar to me. I have always felt better being one with nature. I to suffer from depression and anxiety and when I get away from work and city life to go camping with my family I can also feel the calmneess come over me as you wrote in your blog. Being originally from NF I didn't realize how much I missed the scenic beauty and how it had kept me well for so long. I believe there is a spiritual connection we find in nature.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?