Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

Catch Up

Wow I can not believe it has been almost a month since my last post. Where has the time gone?

Things have been very busy for me and also very rewarding. As I mentioned in my last post my father had eye surgery in the beginning of the New Year. He has been having a lot of trouble with his vision and there for is not driving. My younger brother was so kind to offer to fly me home on his air points if I drove my parents to Florida. Well things did not work out where I could use his points but I did drive my parents to Florida. We did the drive in 2 days which was fine with me, as it gave me an extra day to enjoy in Florida.

Boy for retired people who should just be relaxing taking it easy they sure do have lots of things happening.

We did lots of shopping, had lunch with friends and went to there place to relax afterwards. What a place. We were invited to go with a bunch of my parent’s friends for a train ride and lunch. Mom and I were not to sure what dad committed us to. But the train ride was at Port Manatee it actually ended up being very interesting. The train was more like a golf cart tram and took about an hour to tour the whole port. I would recommend it to any that is in that area. After that we went to the Holiday Inn for an all you can eat buffet. It was good but not a lot of choice. Afterwards Mom, Dad and I decided to go to the Red Barn Flea Market to see what bargains we could get. I got a belt and a few gifts, mom got some watches and well dad he got some gags toys, and some cd's. All exhausted we head back to the condo for a nap, I was hoping to go to the pool or beach.

We designated Monday as my tanning day but it was over cast and crappy so no sun. Oh well time with my parents was more fun.

On the Thursday before I was to catch my plan home we decided to go to Tampa early to MUSEUM OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY (MOSI) to see the famous exhibit of Bodies by Dr. Gunther von Hagens: A Life In Science Provocative. Awe-inspiring. Human. Gunther von Hagens' BODY WORLDS 2: The Anatomical Exhibition of Real Human Bodies is a revealing and thought-provoking look at the hidden wonders of the human body. Featuring over 200 real human specimens including entire bodies, individual organs and body slices, this exhibition offers an once-in-a-lifetime chance to see and understand our own anatomy and health. You'll gain a new appreciation and respect for what it means to be human. This exhibit is also on right now at the Ontario Science Centre

If any of you go and see it I look forward to hearing from you and what you think



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?